facebook

village hall 2017The Village Hall is run by the Abbotskerswell Village Hall Trust who rent the Hall out for short mat bowls, badminton, concerts, weddings, discos, parties and other events that require a large space. 

There are two halls that can be rented separately from each other and free WiFi is available. The two kitchens are shortly due to be reburbished, but currently offer limited cooking and preparation areas with a commercial dishwasher.

Booking enquiries should be addressed to Lynn Howard on Abbots 351564

 

 

Prices all to include lighting and heating are as follows;

One room all day                        £100
One room 6pm to midnight £45
Two rooms all day £160
Two rooms 6pm to midnight                         £90
Use of bar £10
Weddings fee  £320
   

 

The address for the Village Hall is;

Lakelands, Slade Lane, Abbotskerswell, TQ12 5YF

 

 

The Parish Rooms were originally the village wash house and the stream still runs behind the building. The rooms were rebuilt in 1980 from the parish baths provided by Rev. Arthur Dence of Court Grange. They are situated behind Church House and the best postcode for them is TQ12 5NY. 

Refurbished in 2005, the buildings now comprise a large meeting room with kitchenette and  public toilets and very recently acquired a WIFI network. The Parish Rooms are now available for hire by the hour or day by calling Lynn Howard on Abbots 351564.

par3

 

6To book Church House, phone Mik Wordsworth Abbots 352279.

Church House is a medieval building which boasts excellent modern facilities for community purposes. It can be booked by the hour, half-day or day.  The main hall will seat 50 for a meal and is a popular venue for meetings and other activities. There is central heating and lighting controllable to suit the occasion. The kitchen offers two ovens, a commercial dish washer, and is easily worked.

History

In 1524 the Abbot of Sherborne gave the land on which Church House was built to feofees, or trustees.  Nearly four centuries later Mrs Hare of Court Grange purchased it from their successors and carried out a restoration which left  the building virtually unaltered in form since mid C 16, and so it remains. It was the daughters of Mrs Hare, Lady Perrot and Miss Hilda Maud Hare who, in June 1919, gave Church House on various trusts for the benefit of the church and the parish. It is independent of the Parochial Church Council and is now registered as a charity with the Charity Commissioners and Grade II listed.

(Today, in practical terms, Church House is managed by Trustees on the 1919 trusts for community purposes in Abbotskerswell.)

CHURCH 1 CHURCH 1  
PARISH ROOMS VILLAGE HALL  
     

News about local participation;

3 June 2016

Sustainability and transformation plan

Healthwatch Torbay, Healthwatch Devon, NEW Devon CCG and South Devon and Torbay CCG invite you to an information and engagement event on Tuesday 21 June at Upton Vale main hall, Torquay, TQ1 3HY, 2pm-5pm. 


logo final print use

Copyright © 2015 Abbotskerswell. Website created by Clystnet

­